The helpdesk management software that we use to resolve, track and refer matters for resolution of problems is called OSticket. This Helpdesk software has a Web portal you can use for submitting helpdesk tickets to us.
If you have an issue needing attention please submit an incident ticket to us via the VIDE HelpDesk. We can only respond to your helpdesk ticket during our normal working hours.
Please submit an helpdesk ticket for any matter needing our attention!
- Here are some things you may wish to consider before submitting a ticket.
- Please answer all questions asked as thoroughly as possible. Some questions may not apply to you. (Those may be skipped)
- Giving us a phone number is very helpful if we need more information to resolve your problem.
Help Us Help You
- In all requests for service or assistance: In general the more specific information you can provide us the better. For some types of tickets we may need additional information. Please consider the following.
- If the matter involves an VIDE email/user account: Please be sure to have a VIDE co-worker create a ticket on your behalf and be sure they also add your email address so we know who is having the problem.
- If the matter involves a physical location, like a room: Please be as specific as possible about the location, and the nature of the problem. Please provide the room number and a phone number of a person who has access to the room.
- If the matter involves a piece of equipment: Please identify any affected hardware, whether that is a telephone, a printer, a computer and especially be sure to identify the physical location of the equipment.
- If the matter involves software: Please be as specific as possible on the name and the version of the software as well as the platform of the software (Mac, PC or Linux?).
- If the matter involves a service: Please be specific about the service and how it, or the lack of it, is affecting you.
What Is Next?
- If you do not want to submit a ticket or you DO NOT have a working VIDE account then you can call the VIDE Help Desk
- phn (340) 774-0100
- e-mail your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Otherwise, the VIDE Helpdesk Ticket Portal should provide you with confirmation of your submission as well as a ticket number after you submit your incident ticket. Write down this number!
- You should also receive emails with the ticket number, confirmation of your incident, status of your incident, the resolution, or more information about how you can get a resolution of your issue. All this will be forwarded to you in email replies to your incident submission.
- Please keep a copy of your incident ticket number(s) for reference if you contact us regarding your issue.
- phn (340) 774-0100
- email your issue to email@example.com